My work has been recorded quite differently to how i normally would this year, i have had a small sketchbook but instead of using it for sketches i have been brainstorming scene ideas and been using it as a method of recording concept ideas/ story draft changes and other mind maps.
Also this year my development tool has been a notebook that has followed me to each studio session and each image that i took has been annotated with information about that session such as:
- lighting difficulties
- composition ideas / changes
- new cropping/ close up ideas
- lighting experiments
- ideas that come to me during the shoot about new scenes/ uses for imagery
- what went well/ what didn’t
- second shoots of some scenes, taken because the first were not successful
- cropping ideas ( drawn on images)
It’s been a pleasent change improvising and experimenting, as opposed to following a strict design, instead each time i have just gone into the studio with some props i’ve made and an idea, and then others ideas have sprung from it and happy accidents have happened. Also if i’ve thought of an idea in the studio that needed a different prop or illustration i just took the ink in with me and made it the same day. I have 3 notebooks in total full of photographs, these are a selection of images that were taken, there were thousands but these are the ones that showed development and interesting results.
I have scanned in pages from the notebooks, but the rest you can see in there 🙂