Today i had a one to one with Rachel to discuss the progress of my FMP, i didnt have a sheet but the notes i got from the tutorial were very helpful and i’m relieved that my project is going in the right direction:
- think about what paper im going to print on- visit book shops and look at types of binding, sizes of books and types of paper for research
- visit albert square and see about printing/ binding options
- try some illustrations with darker areas to give some contrast
- think about type- it could be a very small plain text/ maybe hand written in ink?
- the ending of the story- could there be a twist in the imagery?
- size of book- perhaps big would be nice? as children’s books are generally large
- aiming the book at age 5-9. but don’t be so worried about dumbing things down just because its aimed at children, because adults will be reading it to them or with them most likely
- liked the looser way of composing the images and especially the image of the shoes
- website: working well being simply laid out, think about selection of work to show and do a re-direct with my own domain name
- like the characters- bodies should be as shapeless as possible to aid ideas of feminism- opposing female body stereotypes+ same with faces