Today we a critique with members of Graphics and Advertising design, this was a great opportunity for us to see what other disciplines are doing and for us to offer eachother advice or critique and get other disciplines perspectives on our final major projects. We each put up our work on the wall and we round taking notes on eachothers work. We did this for a while and then each person had to the chance to explain their projects and we could ask questions and offer advice / ideas.
Below is what i put up for the crit:
i put up a selection of both my 2D finished images, storyboarding monoprints, 3D illustrative pieces i had created and my first dummy book. I was quite pleased with the display of work and i think it explained some of my project well, whereas the feminism inspired side of it required my explanation.
The advice/ critique i received was as follows:
- dont be afraid to offend people by making your story too gory/ strongly feminist because its better to shock people rather than have them be indifferent towards it
- make the elements of feminism stronger in your work
- perhaps consider pop ups ( not keen on this idea)
- liked the style- creating 3D objects that look drawn in a 2D style
- going in the right direction, but need to edit the story to make it as strong as the opinions in my essay
- asked to look at the cabinet of Dr Calligari for reference
- the story i have chosen was not well known among my peers, i think this is good because it gives me more freedom to change it